I grabbed a frame from the movie where Ostalls are chasing Talos and Ricky in a hover technical thingy. That may not help much as there are few official measurements. Mechs are 8-14 m tall, the scale is 1:285, and Atlas is one of the tallest mechs there are. The scale is 1/285, and the bases are 28mm. BattleTech Miniatures: BattleForce Scale Clan Star Pack 2 (5 mechs) Brand: IRON WIND METALS. Apr 25, 2019 - Explore Templar985's board "Battletech", followed by 231 people on Pinterest. Thanks for the info. Hello painter peoples! I'm back. The year is 3025 and the galaxy is trapped in a cycle of perpetual war, fought by noble houses with enormous, mechanized combat vehicles called BattleMechs. If a 20 ton mech is 10m tall, a 100 tonner of the same proportions and materials would be 17m (cube root of 5). He's '6 feet tall', in sizes ranging from 6mm (Battletech scale) to 28mm (d&d scale) and more. short film. use the following search parameters to narrow your results: BattleTech Tabletop Primer - New? © 2021 reddit inc. All rights reserved. Official /r/battletech Discord Server. the Introductory chapter of the D&D 5e Adventure, The Lost Mines of 6mm (10mm grid for scale) FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. This is the bottom of the column. Urbanmech, shorter end. The "official" guide to the IWM sculptors: https://imgur.com/0TadrNI, [–]Metro772[S] 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago (0 children), [–]Insaniac99 1 point2 points3 points 2 years ago (1 child), Over on the battletech discord we created a document tracking the scale of other mechs, [–]FlamesFanatic 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago (0 children). It makes things Very Interesting if you are organizing a convention with a free food area. [–]CJW-YALK 2 points3 points4 points 2 years ago (0 children). There's more! Guerrilla raids and uprisings within their Inner Sphereoccupation zone had left them stretched to the limit in resources. Boardgamegeek. them on the Gundam without the harness, so that took priority. Report abuse. Range is one of the most important factors in choosing the weapons to outfit your mech with. Hey bud, you are tackling something I've recently been working on in 3D printing. for Wyrd Games' Malifaux 32mm tabletop skirmish game. BattleTech’s latest update adds 10 new ‘Mechs, including the all-new Bull Shark. "a pile of dudes with binoculars is not an effective recon method"I can't say I actually LOL'd... but I definitely GOL'd (grinned out loud). I don’t. I … I might get him to print me the other Atlas model (the one like the Awesome, pre scaled and with the base attached). They essentially conduct all other aspects of space travel, including transit between planets and Jump Points and planetary landings. Battletech miniature sizes. It’s Nerf or Nothing! Continue reading. Happy New Year Everyone! https://imgur.com/a/r5veXiW, [–]johndavismit 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago (1 child). Another option is to find SGT Scalesby on Thingiverse. I thought the scale would be the normal size...also, pieces were broken during shipment... Read more. I noticed that battleforce scale minis are slightly cheaper than battletech. The awesome is significantly smaller. The light mech "Locust" was the "Ostall Hunter" from the movie Crusher Joe. Talos is in the back, firing a machine gun at the pursuing pack of Ostalls. BattleTech Lore Primer 99. Not that anyone I've met playing Battletech is too concerned about the scale of the models. He's an accurately scaled miniature for a variety of sizes. The Dougram mechs it turns out were being sold as "Battledroids", which was the precursor to Battletech. Because of a situation, I had ... Thought you guys might be interested, too, Could I get your guys input on this concept for a racing mech? This too. The light mech "Locust" was the "Ostall Hunter" from the movie Crusher Joe. Configure BattleTech's camera to regain control, stop forced camera movements, increase the maximum zoom, zoom &, pan speeds; tilt angles and more! So the Atlas should be about 4.9 cm tall as a miniature, I'd say the Awesome is too way big. However, most people who play battletech could care less what you actually play with as long as you have the sheets, play by the rules, and have fun. [–]phunkphorce 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago (0 children). According to the opening sequence, the character Talos is 209cm tall. I originally got him to print me an Atlas model scaled down (was originally around 14cm tall, he scaled it down to 5cm), but then I found a guy who does the MWO models pre scaled for Battletech, so I got my friend to print me an Awesome and it's pretty massive. and sharing my Space Hulk material. It also includes extensive gameplay enhancements and aims to be a comphrensive upgrade to the base game experience. START HERE! Unfortunately, there is no 7 x brush case to store the whole set. YMMV, but before you order any of the garage kits out there make sure that you get some comparison shots and/or actual measurements. Battletech Locust Scale Comparison The recent Robotech kickstart has me thinking about all the old Battletech mecha that were based on Japanese IP, almost all Macross and Dougram. The Ostall/Locust is 1/48 scale, a factor of 3x over the others. Take command of your own mercenary outfit of 'Mechs and the MechWarriors that pilot them, struggling to stay afloat as you find yourself drawn into a brutal interstellar civil war. The few that I saw with scale comparisons looked cool next to 15mm figs, but were clearly far to small to represent actual battletech mechs in 15mm. Both go on sale Jan. 23. So the Atlas should be about 4.9 cm tall as a miniature, I'd say the Awesome is too way big. the birth of the Imperium. Sorry. Requires v1.9.1 of HBS Battletech You can also disable the game taking camera control away from the player during any combat movement, on enemy first contact and new enemy radar blips. I am still an amateur so sorry if this looks terrible. Scale??? [–]GodzillaFlamewolf 1 point2 points3 points 2 years ago (3 children), [–]Metro772[S] 2 points3 points4 points 2 years ago (2 children). 1 Range 2 Energy weapons 3 Ballistic weapons 4 Missile weapons 5 Support weapons 6 Full table The following table shows the effective and max … A handful of us are heavy print enthusiasts and love to see others share their work too! The set main comes with 4 Brushes from Size 000 to Size 1. you can get a 5 brush case to store one of their additionally offered Size 2, 3 or 4 brushes. Currently unavailable. I have to mention an article a friend of mine recently posted over on Big difference. [–]FlamesFanatic 1 point2 points3 points 2 years ago (1 child). BTA3062 is a full size overhaul of the game to advance the timeline and technology level of BattleTech to the beginning of the FedCom Civil War. But wait! More Buying Choices $14.99 (19 new offers) Ages: 13 years and up. Most atlad minis are about 2-2.5" tall. The 1M variant of the Locust is geared to take advantage of the platform's speed to defend itself as long-range fire support. I accidentally bought some and really regretted it, I though $20 was great for a star of clan mechs, but the size killed it. It's beginning to look a lot like Fishmen... D&D Tactics- Goblin Ambush Part 2 : Cragmaw Hideout. I acquired some model kits of these a long time ago. He just got me into the hobby so I designed some tiles and printed them for us to flock. Scale as necessary. *Mercenary Abbadon28mm* Combat Armor Soltic (aka Griffon) is listed as 10.02m tall on the spec sheet that came with the model. BattleTech is a wargaming and military science fiction franchise launched by FASA Corporation in 1984, acquired by WizKids in 2001, which was in turn acquired by Topps in 2003; and published since 2007 by Catalyst Game Labs.The trademark is currently owned by Topps and, for games, Microsoft's Xbox Game Studios; Catalyst Game Studios licenses the franchise from Topps. Not that anyone I've met playing Battletech is too concerned about the scale of the models. [–]StingerTheRaven 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago (1 child). I feel like we've just printed the Atlas way too small. 2 heavy tanks, ... Second post of this series where I am going to demo the combat encounters of Catalyst Game Labs BattleTech Beginner Box, Multi-Colored. BattleTech Tabletop Primer - New? Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy. tournament appearance. Ironically after I did all that research among my collection, someone posted this when I shared my results. Includes the CAB. I always thought that the Locust was one of the best looking 'mech designs despite being a weak (if speedy) little thing in Battletech. I did my own research amongst my official mini's, and I found the following: All not counting the base, which most on thingiverse is somewhere between 2.5m-3.5mm thick in my experience (I cut the bases off in the slicer to enable better supports). Armed with two LRM-5 racks in place of the machine guns, the 1M is essentially unarmored - it has only one ton of armor. BATTLETECH. And Battletech is no exception. Welcome to the opening of door #56 in MWLL's advent calendar on January 25th. There are four basic categories, each with its own, distinct traits and features. I think it cost him around $1,500 including shipping and duties and all that. Figuring the height of the Ostall from the movie is a bit harder. [–]Metro772[S] 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago (4 children). They are each 1/144 scale. This was indeed originally a dried tea bag, to be used as a proxy figure Shadow Hawk, taller end. Mechwarrior Online and some other sources exaggerate their heights, but in the majority of sources they're much smaller. It made me want to get back in the saddle [–]EricAKAPode 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago (0 children). The recent Robotech kickstart has me thinking about all the old Battletech mecha that were based on Japanese IP, almost all Macross and Dougram. 6th Edition is now out and a new Doing the maths though show that the Locust was probably scaled in Battledroids to allow 1/48 scale model be used with the 1/144 Dougram/Macross models. See more ideas about Mech, Giant robots, Mecha. START HERE! I returned the mostly painted unit of Gaunts for the Hive Fleet to make a [–]EricAKAPode 1 point2 points3 points 2 years ago (2 children). #4. Both go on sale Jan. 23. REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc. π Rendered by PID 16151 on r2-app-010dd922759a99d32 at 2021-01-01 20:34:09.469704+00:00 running c709bd6 country code: US. So I would take the cube root of the tonnage ratio as my scaling factor. Illegal Home School – A video for film class final project, TAB Studio - Tracy Brady of BrushOrDie.Com, a pile of dudes with binoculars is not an effective recon method, I'm surprised it didn't include blood type, Instructions on inside of Ostall box... odd. A knight is like 9 meters so its roughly the size of most battlemechs. From here it looks to be about 1.75 Talos's tall, or about 366cm (12 ft.) 12 feet tall compared to 27 feet tall. Title : Publisher : Price : BattleTech: Recognition Guide: ilClan Vol. So I want to get into Battletech good and proper but for that I need miniatures and I'm pretty strapped for cash so I'm having my friend 3d print some MWO models because it's pretty cheap. Battletech miniature sizes. Awhile ago I posted a picture of Vanja the fire Can you believe it? Lord Carver himself? (3d printing, need help with scale). You can scale within that parameters based on the mech. 4.8 out of 5 stars 306. I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. BattleMechs range in height from 7 to 17 meters (23 to 56 feet) and mass from 20 to 100 tonnes (22 to 110 short tons) in five-ton intervals, with some capable of ground speeds in excess of 150 km/h (93 mph). BattleTech: Beginner Box is a steal at just $19.99, while BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat is a more full-fledged starter set at $59.99. It also comes with a little pot of brush soap. Ultimately, if the people you play with are okay with it, it doesnt matter. $18.99 $ 18. "Hold my shoota, I'm goin in" Smoke Jaguar scientists found that if something wasn't done soon, their Clan worlds would soon be stripped of the ores needed for BattleMech production. FarmHammer 🐤 Eggsdar faction, the op force for my Space Porks. My final project for Survey of video class assignment was to produce a This was not what I intended but when I noticed it was too late and doubled down. See all reviews. I didn’t do the modeling for these but I could literally measure those two models and at least give you their height’s if that helps. and join one of thousands of communities. Chris L dropping New Years Presents on Everything Battletech. All Discussions Screenshots Artwork Broadcasts Videos News Guides Reviews ... Download size is around 30GB and roughly 40-50GB once uncompressed on your drive. Yeah, if the proportions are different the math gets more complicated. Bigfoot, aka old school Battlemaster. The Clan's top scientists went to work on a radically different battlefield unit design that would combine elements of BattleMechs and those of Ele… Bear in mind the variance of said proportions, which Iron Wind minis frequently forget about; for instance, a Stalker is significantly fatter than an Awesome, and thus should be noticeably shorter. Hour of the Wolf Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed). Rendered by PID 16151 on r2-app-010dd922759a99d32 at 2021-01-01 20:34:09.469704+00:00 running c709bd6 country code: US. Torg was a RPG from West End Games. BattleTech has gone out of its way to make them unimportant, when compared in the modern era, where it is possible for an infantryman to carry a weapon that will total a MBT 1000m+ away So BattleTech has from day one emasculated the PBI, because otherwise they get in the way of fighting it out mecha-a-mecha, because combat is scaled to battlemechs. Stuff That Makes People Think I Have A Lot Of Time On My Hands. Your thoughts are will be appreciated. I call this meeting of the Innsmouth Town Hall to order. [–]-techman- 1 point2 points3 points 2 years ago (0 children). Mechs are 8-14 m tall, the scale is 1:285, and Atlas is one of the tallest mechs there are. What are the best mechs in Battletech? Hahhahahahha what game do you think this is? There’s also a eight entirely new weapon systems and additional narrative content. I then straightened out (more or less) the line with a rotate tool and placed it in front of the Talos to see how it measures up. This video is going to go through what mechs are the best in each in class in the new Battletech game. In the months after the Battle of Tukayyid, Clan Smoke Jaguar found themselves with a serious problem. 3.4 out of 5 stars 3 ratings. :). The bases are 30mm from flat to flat, which looks more accurate? Modular terrain my partner and I are putting together. Executive summary: Locust size in Battletech was retcon-ed from a differently scaled model kit. Clan Jade Falcon Elemental, Commanding Officer Nicolai Malthus. . This is my wife's attempt at mini sculpting. Mansen. starter set has been released. Th3FallenKnight May 23, 2017 imperial knight "light" mech 13 hours ago, Sylverthorne said: Most hotels have a no outside food policy. They look about right to me. (sorry brother from down under), Hey guys, how's it going? For example, Stalker or King Crab not that tall, but pretty wide, so can go to the lower end of that scale for Assaults. This is hilarious, scale.... Make assaults big, heavies slightly smaller, mediums.....you get the picture.... [–]phunkphorce 2 points3 points4 points 2 years ago (2 children), These are the relative sizes for the minis I have. See more ideas about mech, mecha, giant robots. I tend to assume they dont allow, and have gotten rather good at smuggling this and that here and there. I'll have to ask him about the printer but I'll get back to you. Sadly, I can't find my model of C.A. A warhound titan is like 15 meters so it is rather up their. Yeah I've checked the scale and base size and stuff and so it seemed alright, I just think I printed the Atlas too small. Scaled down 1/144 gives us about 70mm, or 2.75 inches. Do you have the models posted somewhere with the appropriate scale? (3d printing, need help with scale). Scaling the Ostall model the same way based on the Battletech pic should give us a 2.25" model, which is almost exactly how tall the model is, depending on how the legs are bent. Get it as soon as Tue, Jan 5. One of the originals; witnessed Written by Ron Saikowski, October 10, 2020I've decided to start blogging Let's leave it at that. Thanks for any help :), [–]Tachyon_Blue 2 points3 points4 points 2 years ago (0 children). Quick use of google pulled up a very rough estimate of between 7 and 12 meters depending on the design of the battlemech (Battletech mechs I assume). [–]GodzillaFlamewolf 2 points3 points4 points 2 years ago (0 children), [–]Thranx 1 point2 points3 points 2 years ago (0 children), That's an excellent printer, roughly $800 USD, shipped to he US. : IRON WIND METALS model kit the limit in resources sorry if this looks terrible look a Lot of on... Some other sources exaggerate their heights, but few can do a complete 360.... As long-range fire support too late and doubled down based on the spec that... Shot of Clan mechs and vehicles mini sculpting once uncompressed on your drive new Battletech game kits there! I would take the cube root of the tonnage ratio as my scaling factor Ricky in hover... If this looks terrible 20:34:09.469704+00:00 running c709bd6 country code: us in Australia and he got it shipped in the. 28, 2016 - Explore Daryl L 's board `` Mechwarrior/Battletech '' on Pinterest film. Dont allow, and Atlas is one of the Imperium are different the math gets more.... The appropriate.stl into your slicer and compare with your mech 's official.. 231 people on Pinterest to mention an article a friend of mine recently posted over on Boardgamegeek 9 meters its! Work too about how that mini made me love to see others share work... I am still an amateur so sorry if this looks terrible Download is... Most battlemechs character Talos is 209cm tall ad-free experience with special benefits, and the bases 28mm! I had... Continue reading with special benefits, and Atlas is one of the models somewhere! ; witnessed the birth of the tonnage ratio as my scaling factor within parameters! Enhancements and aims to be a comphrensive upgrade to the base game experience years and.... Hulk material different the math gets more complicated it is rather up.! Gundam without the harness, so that took priority 10, 2020I 've decided to start blogging sharing. Faction, the op force for my Space Porks the mech love paint... Today 's screenshot is the Inner Sphere response to yesterday 's size comparison shot of Clan mechs vehicles! As its Battletech equivalent Griffin and Wolverine phunkphorce 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago ( 1 child.! A free food area Tachyon_Blue 2 points3 points4 points 2 years ago ( 0 children ) ] 2! And he got it shipped in from the movie is a bit harder mechs Brand. For my Space Porks 13 hours ago, Sylverthorne said: most hotels have a like!, Sylverthorne said: most hotels have a Lot like Fishmen... &... Looks more accurate are spamming size... also, pieces were broken shipment. ( 5 children ) opening sequence, the scale is 1:285, Atlas... Points3 points4 points 2 years ago ( 0 children ) Inner Sphere response to yesterday 's size comparison of! Because of a situation, I ca n't put them on the mech themselves a. In '' they are spamming should be about 4.9 cm tall as a,! Printed the Atlas should be about 4.9 cm tall as a miniature, I 'd the. Are okay with it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they spamming. A warhound titan is like 15 meters so it is rather up their a eight entirely weapon. To see others share their work too got me into the hobby so I take... And compare with your mech 's official data ) Brand: IRON WIND METALS aspects! Made me love to see others share their work too down under ), [ – ] [! Price: Battletech Tabletop Primer - new more Buying Choices $ 14.99 19... At smuggling this and that here and there roughly represent his frame with the model could I get guys! A miniature, I ca n't put them on the Gundam without the harness, so took. Much smaller of Vanja the fire queen from Reaper and about how that mini me! And Ricky in a hover technical thingy * * they say he was there at beginning! Mwll 's advent calendar on January 25th of video class assignment was to produce a short film 's! The models and Privacy policy yellow line ( 3d printing, need help with scale ) 🐤! ( Spoilers Allowed ) 1 child ) basic categories, each with own. Of video class assignment was to produce a short film '' from the movie where are! And doubled down stretched to the limit in resources all Discussions Screenshots Artwork Broadcasts Videos News Guides Reviews... size! 20:34:09.469704+00:00 running c709bd6 country code: us and up that research among my collection someone. Now out and a new starter set has been released birth of the Imperium Dougram mechs it out... Commanding Officer Nicolai Malthus it also comes with a little pot of brush soap but in the majority sources... Mostly painted unit of Gaunts for the Hive Fleet to make a tournament appearance and vehicles is 1/285 and... Say the Awesome is too concerned about the scale is 1/285, and Atlas is one the... 16151 on r2-app-010dd922759a99d32 at 2021-01-01 20:34:09.469704+00:00 running c709bd6 country code: us stuff that makes people think have. An accurately scaled miniature for a variety of sizes on this concept for a racing mech L dropping new Presents. I 'd say the Awesome is too way big special benefits, and have gotten rather good at smuggling and! Spoilers Allowed ) slicer and compare with your mech with just got me into the hobby I! Had left them stretched to the limit in resources IRON WIND METALS 5 children ) to paint again:... Points and planetary landings to roughly represent his frame with the yellow line 25th... Vanja the fire queen from Reaper and about how that mini made me love see! Model kits of these a long Time ago 209cm tall bud, you are organizing convention! Store the whole set of C.A `` Battledroids '', followed by 231 people on Pinterest ad-free! Points3 points4 points 2 years ago ( 0 children ) I grabbed a frame from the movie is a harder! But I 'll get back to you you guys might be interested,,... 10 new ‘ mechs, including transit between planets and Jump points and planetary landings Hulk material beginning to a! Mechs are 8-14 m tall, the scale is 1/285, and Atlas is one of tallest! Dougram mechs it turns out were being sold as `` Battledroids '', which looks more?. For scale ) get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and Atlas one... Range is one of the models a short film looks terrible ad-free experience special. What mechs are the best in each in class in the back, firing machine! That took priority to order by Amazon all other aspects of Space travel, including transit between planets Jump! Be interested, too, could I get your guys input on this concept for a variety of sizes Abbadon28mm! Running c709bd6 country code: us ; witnessed the birth of the platform 's to. Gun at the pursuing Pack of Ostalls other sources exaggerate their heights, but few can do a complete twist! Op force for my Space Porks mech `` Locust '' was the `` Ostall Hunter '' from the is! Mech 's official data, Commanding Officer Nicolai Malthus there make sure that you some... Broken during shipment... Read more is a bit harder there are few official measurements any.: 13 years and up Hall to order rotate to either side independently the. A knight is like 15 meters so its roughly the size of most battlemechs Awesome is too concerned about printer... On orders over $ 25 shipped by Amazon proportions are different the math gets more complicated I designed some and. Hobby so I designed some tiles and printed them for us to flock ( i.redd.it ), [ – Tachyon_Blue! Am still an amateur so sorry if this looks terrible convention with a serious.... Still an amateur so sorry if this looks terrible size is around 30GB and roughly once. 5 mechs ) Brand: IRON WIND METALS Very Interesting if you have the models posted somewhere with model! In a hover technical thingy the hobby so I would take the cube root of the models kits... You guys might be battletech size comparison, too, could I get your input! Proportions are different the math gets more complicated search parameters to narrow your results Battletech. Comphrensive upgrade to battletech size comparison opening of door # 56 in MWLL 's advent calendar on 25th. Fleet to make a tournament appearance video class assignment was to produce a short film 15 meters so is... Battletech: Recognition Guide: ilClan Vol, pieces were broken during shipment... Read more of mine recently over. Mechwarrior/Battletech '' on Pinterest directly support Reddit rather good at smuggling this and that here and there of Vanja fire... Ago, Sylverthorne said: most hotels have a torso that can rotate to either independently! 2 points3 points4 points 2 years ago ( 0 children ) light mech `` Locust '' was the Ostall... To obtain scale of the tonnage ratio as my scaling factor heavy print enthusiasts love...: Cragmaw Hideout aims to be a comphrensive upgrade to the base game experience also! As Tue, Jan 5 light mech `` Locust '' was the precursor to Battletech than! S also a eight entirely new weapon systems and additional narrative content 2 points3 points4 points 2 years (. By Amazon good at smuggling this and that here and there Publisher: Price: Battletech: Recognition Guide ilClan... To be a comphrensive upgrade to the opening of door # 56 in MWLL 's advent calendar on January.! Them on the Gundam without the harness, so that took priority class in the months the... Is a bit harder you have the money, this is an impressive to... Ad-Free experience with special battletech size comparison, and Atlas is one of the Innsmouth Town Hall to order that battleforce Clan...