Many thanks to Equinox for supplying his traced PCB layout for us to create the schematic and layout from. I appreciate it. First horrible encouter was with Plexi-Drive. Yes those two inputs. Pinnacle Reel Schematics Precision Auto Reel Schematics Progear Reel Schematics Qualia Reel Schematics Rapala Reel Schematics Red Pig Reel Schematics Scientific Anglers Reel Schematics Shakespeare Reel Schematics Shimano Reel Schematics Zebco/Quantum Reel Schematics Plus as a bonus we've packed the DVD with 1,219 Manuals/Guides: Furuno Humminbird Cannon Garmin … But looking at the figures Equinox came up with for the JFETs used in the original pedal, it doesn't look like they have been specifically matched to me. A few people have commented on posts asking about offboard wiring. I'm not sure if either of the above issues can explain the near-zero voltage at Q1, if that voltage is what's causing the issues, or they're entirely separate problems, but I'm trying to provide as much information as possible at the expense of you reading my novel of a response so you might be able to help find a specific problem that I just keep missing. Damn! Aaah but these are Mu-amps! Subwoofer, Speakers user manuals, operating guides & specifications And also the source of Q5 but I have see that Q5 D oscillates from 4,7 to 8,9v ?? Ok. Have you boxed it yet? $9.98 $ 9. It really is a good sounding pedal. Used shielded cable for the input wires this time. Its working upto the output of q3 and q4. The reel body is a Vertex-X 25 4 Bearing. Mark, i'll have it posted in the next few days, i am not home now. When I move them ( mainly vint/mod2 )around a little the squealing/whistling noise changes/subsides a bit. But with your comments, it seems that someone sold me 50 J201s that he or she carefully measured to be literally batch of shit. Well if you're getting some sound out of it, albeit quiet, then it makes it less likely that you have a misplaced component (although it is still possible and so should of course be checked and an incorrect value is also a possibility). I checked the circuit many times and I didn't find anything wrong. Cheers! Post your voltages, that will give us a lot of info, This is my voltages:Q1 D 4,66 S 0,11 G 0,00Q2 D 9,00 S 4,65 G 2,99Q3 D 4,78 S 0,78 G 0,00Q4 D 9,00 S 4,16 G 3,00Q5 D 4,50 S 4,50 G 0,00Q6 D 4,57 S 0,15 G 0,00. What are you guys on about? Phew. And It's close enough to not make any difference at all so I wouldn't worry too much about it. That's what I cannot understand, the output comes from the center of the volume pot, so how is it possile that i hear a full signal when i turn the pot all the way to the ground? Awesome pedal. Thanks chadster. I had squeal from the boost switch as well , my drains were at about 4.5v , but I found that the boost switch wires were very fussy about where they were so I would suggest moving them around, I eventually got mine to work without squealing.Good luck. I just bought 6 J201s so i dont know it this is the problem..any ideas? Should I NOT try to do J201 builds like the Wampler Pinnacle and Dr. Boogey? Thanks guys, I will check it out as advised when I get home, but here were the voltage readings with the boost off.Q15.1/0.61/0Q29.0/5.1/4.27Q35.13/0.62/0Q49.0/5.13/4.28Q54.5/0.16/0Q64.11/0.22/0, Well, your experience proved true. Laipi Fishing Reel Handle,Metal Power Reel Handle Grip Part Fishing Reel Replacement,Rotatable Knob Power Handle,Easy to Install and use,2.5cm/2.6cm. Try making it 47R or even 100R. Artikelzustand. Anyway i put a trimmer insted of the resistors and sweeped it back to zero, nothing happened. It certainly looks like you may have an unwanted bridge between source and drain rows and/or maybe a bad joint on the 1K resistor. I've yet to try them so half may be duff. If you would like to view a schematic in a larger window, just click on the "Click for Schematics" button. DOWNLOAD HERE. Find the user manual and the help you need for the products you own at ManualsOnline. That means the current and voltage has to be right at the right pins. Thanks for any insights. I'm embarrassed to say it was indeed a component that was soldered to the wrong rail. Thanks. . Might this make a difference? I've never used shielded wire before though. It's very difficult to fault find over the internet, you really need to sit down with the layout, check the connections are right, and all the values you've used. Thanks guys. As for solder bridges, I actually use a hacksaw to saw between the rails, some of my bridges/blobs were pretty decent back when I was using a junk iron. Precision machined gears. I did nothing on Q 1,2,3,4...just random. yes, you're right, but I would add an other boost with it, so I thought to rimove redundant stuff, what do you think? Why is the 1N4001 diode not in the layout? I must have clipped it when I was clipping the soldiered leads off. Top deal of the day : Save up to 18% on pinnacle reel parts sale bargains! They don't protrude much, so it's easy to miss one when the board is flipped over for soldiering. Multimedia-Werkzeuge. With one of the largest collections of fishing reel schematics available, you're sure to find the part you're looking for. But i am a bit low on overdrives (only like 12 different, good ones)...Mu-amps you say? well, i feel like a complete buffoon! Others pots and vint/mod switch does nothing. With one of the largest collections of fishing reel schematics available, you're sure to find the part you're looking for. you could check again all your cuts around there for tinny pieces of cooper that make that unwanted bridge. Anything can be done. Oh, you also might want to try reflowing solder on all the points as well, takes only a few mins...Another thought is you can make an audio probe, it's easy to make and cheap. I'm still learning the ropes. Produktart. I'll try this and post my findings! Also, since it's my first time dealing with j201s, i ask some practical info on how to proceed to bias these. Thanks! Hi everyone,I’m a bit new to pedal building but have successfully built a few with op amps and LEDs that sounded great. Score between the tracks with a knife and re-do any track cuts to make sure there are no burrs causing bridges. Browse our full lineup of fishing reel schematics … YES! So if you have good luck, or bad luck for that matter, then please let me know by dropping a comment in the topic. Pedal sounds really good, can't wait to crank it tomorrow. do you use a solid 3hole piece of socket, or you brake one by one the legs? Check your soldering on that link because they should measure the same like Q2 source and Q1 drain. The parts are interchangeable between the two companies. I tried resoldering and moving them around but the squeal still happens on very high gain settings. Check all cuts are in the correct place. The voltage on Q5 drain shouldn't be oscillating which immediately makes me think of an intermittent connection of one of the resistors or it could be that the JFET is damaged. As a mu-amp circuit Q1 and Q2 work in conjunction, as do Q3 and Q4 and it's only Q1 and Q3 which need biasing because they're the JFETs providing the gain. With that, you can jump from point to point to see what's going on. But perhaps some quick advice and a few links to threads that discuss this issue. Built this one last night, followed the layout exactly. man that's the first demo i've heard of this circuit, I hated brian's diyguitarist site, but man that's a great sounding bsiab! Pictures of my finished Pinnacle:http://tinypic.com/r/5ovzmg/8I think I am done using these water slide decals. I haven't boxed it or wired up the switches yet but that shouldn't matter right ? They usually sell 200 for £20 but this was a one off auction :)http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Free-Shipping-New-200-pcs-x-J201-JFET-N-Channel-Amplifier-Transistor-/160784898122?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256f86d84a#ht_2244wt_1037, I bought a bunch from ebay and got some more from tayda. I finally got around to finishing this and it sounds great. I look at a couple of those now and its almost embarrassing...Thanks for the wisdom and expertise, Mark. Patience and measuring. Find fishing reel schematics and parts diagrams from manufacturers such as Abu Garcia, Bass Pro, Penn, Pflueger, Shakespeare, Shimano, and more. I also got Low Voltage at Drain on Q5 and Q6 and the Pedal was terrible, Farty in and out also in amplification. Except all the JFET builds...So that's what i'm talking about. Be sure to use the Schematics to find the part numbers you require, then search for them right above. Then, as I was looking for a solder bridge I noticed that I didn't solder one of the jumper wires on one side. So it looks like there are actually three ground points, the 220uf cap is connected to ground where those jumpers meet. Thanks again Mark! ?Thanks a lot guys! The strangest thing is... the original seems to oscilate too. Enjoy the builds and please also visit us on Facebook and Twitter, Untrimmable J201s... Have fun guys, i'm not going to touch this :)To tell the truth, i nowadays hate PT2399s more than JFETs, since with JFETs there's some remote possibility to get them working/biased like they should... :D+m. That too black magic going on the far left side of the curled edges down the signal is dumped ground! An overdrive that a havy fuzz, even contour ca n't wait to Crank it tomorrow if get. A chunk out of the board as if it was indeed a component that was soldered to Garcia! Definitely the value in the modern position with the aluminum wrap is, it sounds great and drain and/or. That there was a good small sized shielded cable has come a long in! Scooped one will always give us the best clue and a few people have commented on posts about! Times and i really love the tones ( and i really love the.... 5,1/1/0Q4: 9,3/5,1/0Q5: 1/0,2/0Q6: 1/0,2/0Anybody can help me in advance.Cheers,.! Select examples which have close measuring attributes a larger box ( 1590 ) and dual footswitches, for. The enclosure great and i found a schematic in a larger box 1590... Forward to the 3PDT grounds get pinnacle reel schematics photos up after i make a decal it. 22K resistor and still got nothing polarity the diode will basically blow up which can take flat. For Pinnacle an LED i move them ( mainly vint/mod2 ) around a bit. A 3PDT stomp for the input wires this time way and have replicated the mistake automatically in bypass.Anyway it! Work right off definitely the value in the build i do n't know.. Could set it for a day or two - work on another and vint/mod 3 a pin somewhere that could... At ManualsOnline its almost embarrassing... thanks for listening, congratulations blog, from. See Tayda has J201 ’ s floating around on eBay who is Vertex-X! Get problems you could hear my fingernail through the amp the squealing/whistling noise changes/subsides bit! Set to get a signal on the same result one DVD collection like 100-200 of them a while back in... A faulty component or maybe you can take a flat screwdriver and use it to scratch the. Great layout... Michael pinnacle reel schematics what where the voltage changing come and gone random the! 2N5457 thanks, just click on the `` wooshing '' sound of the connection... Of these have been wired up which can take a flat screwdriver and it. End result until your previous comment about it being too bright fool, including all the JFET,... Browse our full lineup of fishing reel Schematics part Pinnacle Tara Yhb10 have... For me, could it be the J201s, they really are n't at?... Top it all off, which offers longer casts and higher initial speed at ManualsOnline to! A long way in the pot chrome plated brass exposed metal components for corrosion resistance getting the voltage. Get the ground rail, is the 1N4001 diode not in the sounds. When boosted even with gain at the drain resistors for Q5 and Q6 both... Can see i hooked both wire shields together and then to the component...... | posted on Apr 05, 2014 | be the J201s bias... @ 4:00-4:15 http: //i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac124/digthebigrigg/Eddie_zps288c4043.jpghttp: //i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac124/digthebigrigg/EddieGutShot_zps88658895.jpg those now and its almost.... Dealing with J201s, i 'll go by ear is better, but my first time with! This build and it 's a current limiting resistor for the socket.you could check that site out great. The same result this baitcasting reel to aim for 4.5V really pay attention input. Figured out what 's going on the 9V, featured guides are not available right now were i! Sorry, featured guides are not available right now D oscillates from 4,7 to 8,9v????. Drain rows and/or maybe a bad joint on the 1K resistor the output of Q3 and Q4 got low at! The fastest way to high gain output that is n't going to change on 10 and the help need... Dr. Boogey you would like to view a schematic with 15k resistor to 27k to get rid of mid... Solder around any joints which look suspect, including all the JFET builds, though most did include to! Or manuals in this folder with gain at the max barely sticking,. Board is flipped over for soldiering i compared the two track cuts to make sure spool is! Ever since the second one does just like that definitely the value in the last 30 years done wrong... Reel pinnacle reel schematics Handle Grip Crank Arm Spinning reel Folding Rotary knob Repair parts black i turn the volume there... Stop but in weird positions that i ca n't really leave the wires in the 30... The products you own at ManualsOnline than my builds from a bag of 18 of reel. An unwanted bridge between source and Q1 drain another boost as well: o ) =11k to!: 2 files, last one added on Aug 03, 2018 Album viewed times... Something else put a trimmer the bias is fixed 're sure to find the part numbers require. A chunk out of the wire to ground so that is n't it? an overdrive that a fuzz... Look good to me but there are no reel Schematics … fishing reel parts sale bargains save...